Thursday, January 06, 2005

Would you like some more hot sauce? Hell YES!

I've just heard on the radio that they have now determined (they being a team of expert scientists, I'm sure) that eating 5 whole tomatoes a day greatly decreases your risk of cancer. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I am a professed, and unrecovering, hot sauce-aholic. I can eat it at any time, day or night, rain or shine, even if I've just gorged myself with a 5 course meal and will not be hungry again for 3 days...if there are chips & hot sauce in front of me, I'm going to eat it. (And for those of you call it "salsa", that's what hot sauce is, 'K?) So as you can see, this comes as fantastic news for me, for what else is hot sauce BUT tomatoes? I now consider myself to have carte blanche to continue, possibly even upgrade, my hot sauce addiction. Sometimes my wonderful soon-to-be-husband, Michael, admonishes me about eating hot sauce...especially when I bust it out after we just got home from eating, or when I sit down with it in front of the T.V. at 10:30 p.m. Now with this wonderous news under my belt, I need only reply to him, "You don't want me to get cancer, now do you, Honey?"
Now if they announce that eating chips actually REDUCES your risk of gaining weight, I'm golden. Come ON team-of-expert-scientists, come on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Hot peppers are good for you, too! Glad to see you're writing again. Bye!

January 7, 2005 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Mommy said...

Heeeeeeyyyy, Andrea! It's Jen! I love hot sauce, too. It is good and delicious.

Give us some more posts! :)

January 25, 2005 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I saw the engagement picture in the paper. Beautiful, of course! Congratulations!

January 30, 2005 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home