Thursday, December 09, 2004

Something Smells Fishy

I took Michael to Pappadeaux's last night to celebrate his 1-year anniversary with the P.A. police department. (Yea!) We both had an appetizer, the fondue (heavenly, rich but so good) and split the Pappadeaux platter, which should come split up 'cause if just one person ate it, they would most definitely have an infarction on the spot...that's just too much fried food for one heart to bear. But I digress.....my bill totaled a whopping $72 and change. $72!! Well, I guess I should mention the 4 Swampthings we had between us, but still. For that price, I could've rented a shrimp boat, bought a fishing pole, net and bait, caught my own catfish, shrimp, oysters $ crabs, and still have made off like a bandit. I mean really! Don't these jokers also own Pappa's Steakhouse AND Pappasito's? They're not making enough money on baked potatoes, refried beans and rice? I ramble on this way, as if my decision in any way will affect the joint, to say that the next time I feel like frequenting this place, I think I'll just throw a $50 bill in my Fry Daddy, Jr. and dip it in tartar sauce. Mmmmmmmmm, tastes good - take THAT, Pappa!

3 Comments:

Blogger Welcome! said...

And this is why Mr. Pappa is so darn rich :-)

December 10, 2004 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

We went to Easy's one day after work. I had 3 Martini's, a (ONE!) portabello mushroom sauteed in some sort of wine sauce and dessert. My bill was $42 plus $8 for tip. $50 for a couple of drinks after work and that wasn't even dinner! It was a (ONE!) mushroom. Needless to say, I haven't been back.

December 10, 2004 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger thenewmrsf said...

Now THAT'S a cryin' shame. Is it the drinks that get us? Or the food? Can't live without either, so, what are we gonna do?

December 14, 2004 at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home