Thursday, January 06, 2005

Where Am I?

I just overheard my boss say something, so appropriate for us all, and I just have to comment on it. Mind you, now, that my boss is 65 years old, approximately 5 years ago left the big, safe firm he had been with for a good 15 years or more to open his own practice, always stays late, arrives early, comes to work sick, and on weekends, and calls the office when he's out, every 30 minutes, even when he's on vacation. The man is due some credit, okay. And I know he didn't realize I could hear him just now, but when he fell down into the chair in his office, he said, to no one in particular, "(sigh) Where am I?" Amen, Mr. ********, amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger thenewmrsf said...

I understand that this blog is probably not being understood by everyone, so let me clarify...when my boss said "Where am I", he had the inflection in his voice as if he was asking, truly, where AM I? In my office? In Beaumont, Texas? In the Andes Mountains, perhaps? Who knows. I just figured we've all felt this way, at one time or another, while we were at work, hence my commenting on it. I've felt his pain. Beggin pardon if the original was disjointed...that's the way I am lately.

January 10, 2005 at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home